Management
Highlighted
Management

Unable to add any devices to NSM "unable to retrieve device SSH key"

‎09-28-2012 03:37 AM

Hello,

Im pretty new to juniper and networking as a whole so please forgive my lack of understanding.

I have a lab with an NSMXpress 2, 4x SRX 240's and 1x EX2200

The setup is as follows,

The nsm connects to the switch, ip of the nsm is 192.168.1.12

Switch managment ip addres 192.168.1.11 (vlan ip address)

the switch then connects into one SRX240, the port that the switch connects to is the default gateway. 192.168.1.254

SSH is enabled, V2 and netconf via ssh is also enabled on the switch.

so as far as i can see i should be able to add the EX2200 to the NSM with no problem at all? however i get the error message "*"unable to retrieve device SSH key"*" with the other 4 outputs below, basically saying make sure the ip address is correct etc.

I am using the system root authentication details when trying to add the device.

I think ive covered everything here but if anyone needs any more info please let me know.

Many thanks in advance (and be gentle please Smiley Tongue)

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Management

Re: Unable to add any devices to NSM "unable to retrieve device SSH key"

‎09-30-2012 03:04 AM

If you run ssh with option -v (verbose output) from your NSM console what do you see? Is it able to connect the switch at all? Because if the connectivity is ok it should be able to fetch the ssh key no matter what. Can you ping the switch from the NSM?

Regards,
Tero S
Highlighted
Management

Re: Unable to add any devices to NSM "unable to retrieve device SSH key"

‎10-04-2012 05:20 AM

Gary,

I suggest you fix the connectivity part before you try adding the device onto NSM. Are you able to ping the switch from NSM console. I think it is better you start with this.

Greetings,

Sandeep.