Security

last person joined: 7 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  What's the equivalent device.

Posted 08-14-2016 03:08

Actually i want to use juniper router EX 2000 and switch EX4500. but i have to explaine to my menegement. why i use juniper then cisco. so i have to give comparison report. i can't understand which model of cisco device will be instead of ACX2000 and EX4200. anybody know then share it please.

• 2.  RE: What's the equivalent device.
    Best Answer

Posted 08-14-2016 07:06

The Juniper ACX series is designed primarily for service provider edge and mobile backhaul.  The ACX2000; ACX2200 ACX1100 are the cell site or customer site routers.   The ACX5000 series are the aggregation or hub site devices.

Cisco backhaul devices are from the ASR series.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/service-provider/unified-ran-backhaul/index.html

The Juniper EX series are ethernet core, aggregation and endpoint switches.  The EX4200 can be end user or aggregation and the EX4500 is generally a core or aggregation device.  Depending on where you were deploying the switches you would be using either the Nexus or Catalyst series devices in the Cisco portfolio.