Security

last person joined: 8 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  nsm_setup utility no longer working after 2008.2r2 upgrade

Posted 07-02-2009 05:39

Upgraded to 2008.2r2, all works fine except the nsm_setup utility is passing a flag to the setup script "niBYPASSMIGRATION" that is no longer supported. I can see it is valid for the 2007r2 and 2008r1 versions (still got the scripts in the /var/install directory) but not the latest.

Not the end of the world as the configuration can be changed using other means, but it is a cause of irritation and makes me wonder if the upgrade has failed in some way? Or is this the same for everyone else?

• 2.  RE: nsm_setup utility no longer working after 2008.2r2 upgrade

Posted 07-02-2009 22:44

Seems like you have a HA environment and the upgrade was done on the Secondary server.

On the Secondary server, Data is not migrated.

When in HA, the upgrade always has to be done initially on the Primary and that the Primary DB gets replicated to the secondary. 

Thanks,

Chandra 

• 3.  RE: nsm_setup utility no longer working after 2008.2r2 upgrade

Posted 07-03-2009 00:32

No, this is a standalone NSMXpress. Not used in an HA cluster.

• 4.  RE: nsm_setup utility no longer working after 2008.2r2 upgrade
    Best Answer

Posted 07-06-2009 01:28
      |   view attached

HI,

Perform the following steps described in the attached file.

I hope this should help. It worked for me.

#Click on Kudos to accept this solution#

Attachment(s)

pdf
    NSMXpress utility error.pdf   202 KB 1 version

• 5.  RE: nsm_setup utility no longer working after 2008.2r2 upgrade

Posted 08-05-2009 00:53

Thanks for the reply - that will fix it alright and was what I did to get things going again. I was just concerned that my upgrade had not worked in a way that is waiting to catch me out at a later date - manually editing the scripts is not something I would normally exoect to do!

Just knowing someone else has seen the same issue gives me some convidence that I have not go the upgrade wrong. (or we both have...)

• 6.  RE: nsm_setup utility no longer working after 2008.2r2 upgrade

Posted 08-05-2009 01:49

Yes it's a common issue, thanks mmesojedec for posting the instructions!

Ciao 🙂

Daniele