Management
Highlighted
Management

'set system archival' command.

‎06-18-2020 08:27 AM

Hy all,

I would need to understand if there is a way to use the fxp0 interface from the 'set system archival' command.
At the moment my backups are leaving from lo0, but I would like this type of traffic (scp) to come out of the management interface.
I tried to insert a punctual route for the backup server with next-hop the gw of the fxp0, but nothing has changed.
does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

Simone

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Management

Re: 'set system archival' command.

‎06-18-2020 09:46 AM

Hi Simone,

Do you have a management instance configured on the device and fxp0 part of the mgmt_junos routing instance or is the fxp0 part of the default inet.0 instance.

Do you have "set system management-instance" enabled on the device. If yes and fxp0 is part of thhe management instance, then the transfer file utility might not work using fxp0.

Thanks and Regards,

Pradeep Kumar M

|| If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution" so we can help others too ||

Highlighted
Management

‎06-18-2020 10:45 AM

Just to add regarding management-instance: system archival has not been altered to work with management-instance so archival will only work via revenue ports in such scenario.

--
Best regards,

Jonas Hauge Klingenberg
Juniper Ambassador & Technology Architect, SEC DATACOM A/S (Denmark)
Highlighted
Management

‎06-18-2020 11:12 AM

Hi Pradeep,

I haven't management-instance configured. All is under inet.0 and I can see in my routing table static with server/32 and right DG, but my session coming-out with lo0 ip.

Best Regards

Simone

Highlighted
Management

‎06-18-2020 11:18 AM

Have you by any chance configured default-address-selection as described here? https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/task/configuration/junos-software-system-ma...

That will have all connections to be initiated from lo0 in your case.

--
Best regards,

Jonas Hauge Klingenberg
Juniper Ambassador & Technology Architect, SEC DATACOM A/S (Denmark)
Feedback