My Certification Journey
Share and learn from real life stories of those who are on the path to become Juniper Certified
My Certification Journey
My Juniper experience towards the JNCDA
Aug 3, 2015

Network design has been my career endeavor since I first started learning about Internetworking. I started out learning Cisco as many IT Network Engineers do. Cisco offered ample learning paths for a young Engineer. After about 3 years into my career as a Network Engineer I came across a project to install one of Junipers high-end firewalls, an SRX5600. I knew of Juniper but knew nothing about their learning path or what they had to offer but in the project I was handed I had to dive into an unfamiliar world.

I was intrigued by the amount of knowledge base Juniper had to offer. The training and reading materials for Juniper were so much easier to comprehend. I started down the security certification tract then the routing and switching tract. I was consumed by Junos.

The fizzle of Juniper technologies and methodology started to subside two years later as I needed to strengthen my knowledge about Network Design and best practices. There was nothing they offered in the design arena. I started back to Cisco and their design ideology.  I needed to know what the Industry was looking for in the business aspect and how that all tied into all the technical knowhow I had consumed the years prior.

After pursuing Cisco network Design certifications and studying for a few years about network design, I was bored. I accomplished all the certifications I could obtain for Network Design short of the CCDE.

Then something renewed my interest. Juniper announced they were starting their own Design certification and training section. I was ecstatic so I scheduled for the JNCDA test. It was challenging but rewarding when I passed. It validated that I really knew more about design than I thought.  I know Juniper will be able to relay the design methodologies and purposes behind every design model in their new tract. They have done such a great job with all their other training materials so far that this should be just as stimulating.

I appreciate what Juniper has done. They have given the Networking Industry what we have been waiting for, a way to certify our knowledge in Juniper Design Methodology.

Brady Bell

Sep 4, 2015
Joe Galimi

I would recommend the CCDE Smiley Happy