My Certification Journey
Share and learn from real life stories of those who are on the path to become Juniper Certified
, Super Contributor
My Certification Journey
Participate in the First Ever JNCP Blogging Challenge!
Jul 22, 2014

Now is your opportunity to share your certification story. The Juniper Networks Certification Program (JNCP) is inviting those with an active JNCIS, JNCIP, or JNCIE credential to participate in our first ever JNCP Blogging Challenge.

What is a Blogging Challenge?

The Blogging Challenge is a fun and interesting way for members of the JNCP community to share their stories. We’d like to hear…

• Why you pursued certification, and what you gained from the process of getting certified or…
  • How you prepared for certification, including resources used, tips and techniques or…
  • A specific technical situation where the process of training and practicing for certification gave you the skills and confidence to solve a problem, create a new and better solution, or innovate

Why Participate

The JNCP Blogging Challenge is a chance for you to be seen as a thought leader – as well as share with and enrich the JNCP community. In addition to visibility and thought leadership for yourself, all participants that submit a blog entry will receive a certification voucher for a free Juniper written exam delivered through PearsonVUE. Accepted submissions will receive a JNCP t-shirt. And the top three blogs, as voted by J-Net readers, will win a GoPro video camera*! It’s a win for you and the Juniper Community!

How to Participate

Participation is easy; even if you have never written a blog post before. Just follow these steps…

Step 1:  Think of an interesting story you want to share with the community (see above for types of stories)

Step 2:  Write up your story in 300-500 words in English, German, French, Spanish, Japanese or Simplified/Traditional Chinese.

Step 3:  Complete the submission form attached here and send it to certification@juniper.net

Once we receive your submission, we’ll review for accuracy and completeness of story, and then post it here on the ‘My Certification Journey’ blog.

Not sure about writing a blog post? It’s actually fun because writing a blog post is a great opportunity to be yourself and tell a story in your own words. You can use humor, analogies, examples…anything you want to convey your story. View Blogging Tips and Tricks attached below for suggestions on how to write a great blog post.

How Will Entries Be Judged

The good news is that we (Juniper) are not judging one submission as better than another. We will ensure entries are:

• Of interest to our audience (Juniper certified and those considering becoming Juniper certified)
  • Technically accurate
  • Related to Juniper products/solutions
  • Of a reasonable length - 300 to 500 words

kudos.jpgThe Juniper J-Net community will be encouraged to read the blog posts and indicate those they like best with J-Net Kudos. Just click on the star located in the kudos image and it will give the reader kudos. Juniper will track the Kudos Leader Board and the three articles with the most Kudos will win!

How Will Prizes Be Awarded?

All participants will receive a JNCP Voucher valid for a free written certification exam. Accepted submissions will receive a JNCP T-shirt. The three blogs that receive the most ‘Kudos’ from J-Net readers will receive the GoPro Cameras.

For additional details, view the Terms and Conditions attached here.

*Prizes include three GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition cameras, JNCP t-shirts, and Certification Vouchers good for a free written Juniper Certification exam (up to a $300 value). GoPro is a trademark of GoPro, Inc registered in the United States and other countries. GoPro is not a participant in or a sponsor of this promotion. No purchase necessary. Must be 18 years or older to be eligible to win the prize(s). Void where prohibited or restricted by law

Jul 23, 2014
Distinguished Expert

Hey Liz - sounds like fun! Can we submit more than one for the intitial qualifiaction / review process?

Kevin Barker 

Jul 23, 2014
er.goel.ashish

Hi Liz,

As per step 3 :

Step 3:  Complete the submission form attached here and send it to certification@juniper.net

i am unable to find the attachment "the submission form".

Please assist.

Thanks,

Ashish

Jul 23, 2014

Ashish  and all - sorry about forgeting to add the submission form!!!  Added now.

Kevin - yes feel free to submit as many as you want.  We will only accept up to two for this challenge from all that you submit.

Jul 23, 2014
er.goel.ashish

Thanks Liz

Aug 4, 2014
Distinguished Expert

Hey Liz - I sent in an entry and did not receive any form of a confirmation of receipt. Just checking.

Kevin Barker

Aug 8, 2014

We have had a tremenduous response to our Blogging Challenge!  I am in the process of catching up on submissions so if you sent one in this week and have not heard back from us yet do not worry!  Hope to get to all of you today.

Based on the strong response we have decided to do this in two waves.  SO - submissions we receive prior to August 15 will be reviewed and posted the first week of September.  We will continue to accept additional submissions through September, and post this second wave in early October.

So, look for aritcles to appear the beginning of September!

Regards,

Sep 8, 2014

I am pleased to announce that we have posted the first batch of Blogging Challenge responses!  As I mentioned - we got a huge response so it has taken longer than expected to get thes posted.  But please check out the 14 BLOGGING CHALLENGE articles currently posted.  If you like the aritcle and got good information than give the author a KUDO.  The author with the most Kudos at the end of the Challenge will receive a nice prize.

We will be posting more in the next week so stayed tuned to this channel!!!

Regards,

Sep 25, 2014
priya.boodram

My submission isn't going through. It tries for three days and then failed. Any suggestions?

Sep 25, 2014

Priya.boodram - did you send in a submission for the Blogging Challenge to certification@juniper.net?  If yes what name?  If not please follow the instructions in the above post to submit your article.

Thanks!

Sep 28, 2014
priya.boodram

I did, I filled out the submission form and tried to send it to the certification@juniper.net address. This is what has been failing.

Top Kudoed Members