NNArchive
, Chief Executive Officer
NNArchive
Edge Services for the Next Decade Are Here Today
Oct 12, 2012

A week ago, Juniper announced new products that enable compelling consumer and business services, such as multiscreen TV Everywhere, digital advertising, virtual security, and cloud services on the MX platform. 

Today, Juniper announced 2 new MX platforms, the MX2020 and MX2010 3D Universal Edge Routers.  With up to 80 Tbps of capacity, the MX2020 and MX2010 leverage our award winning Junos Trio Chipset on 3D line cards that now span all the way from the MX5 to MX2020.  Our goal was to protect the investment that thousands of our customers made with the MX Series product line, and I'm very happy that we've achieved that goal.

But this launch is not only about breakthrough scale and capacity.   We’ve also added advanced service virtualization with the JunosV App Engine, what we call the first hypervisor for the edge, and MX Virtual Chassis technology which virtually clusters MX's to provide greater scale and resiliency for business, residential, and mobile services.

As I travel the world to visit customers, I'm frequently asked about industry trends and new innovations coming from Juniper.   The opportunity for operators to offer truly compelling and innovative services from the edge is here and now.  This is why I am so excited that we are enabling our customers and partners with cutting edge technology that offers the performance, intelligence, and programmability they need to significantly advance their edge service offerings.

0 Kudos