What tasks are required to manage supported devices from Network Director?
To manage devices supported by Network Director, you must:
- Discover devices by using the Discover Devices task in Build mode with Location, Logical, Physical, or Custom View selected. Network Director automatically creates appropriate profiles based on the configuration of the discovered devices.
- Optionally, create additional profiles depending on your network configuration and requirements.
Assign profiles to devices.
- Deploy the configuration changes to devices by using the Deploy Configuration Changes task in Deploy mode.
- Use Monitor mode to analyze the status and performance of devices.
- Use Fault mode to know about the health of your network and changing conditions of your equipment.
- Use Report mode to create standardized reports from the monitoring and fault data collected by Network Director.
In addition to this, you can use the Datacenter View in Network Director to view and manage data centers that are deployed by using cloud infrastructure, Bare Metal server (BMS), or both.
These tasks are available in the various Views. Change views from the Views list in the Network Director Banner.
To learn more, click Network Director user documentation.