Routing
Highlighted
Routing

Anyone success simulate MC-LAG in logical-system?

‎05-03-2019 07:34 AM

Hi all,

Is it possible one physical MX to simulate MC-LAG by using two logical-system?

Thanks and appreciate any feedback

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Routing

Re: Anyone success simulate MC-LAG in logical-system?

‎05-05-2019 01:44 AM

Hi Kronicklez,

Yes, it is possible to simulate MC-LAG in a logical system, I would suggest you try.

We can find answers if we run into any issues here on JNET.

//Nex

Highlighted
Routing

‎05-05-2019 10:34 PM

Hi,

I test and it cannot. Some blog said MC-LAG need the two vMX and cannot using one vMX with two logical-system. Not sure whether it limit on junos version or is as per design.

Thanks and appreciate anyone test.

Highlighted
Routing

‎05-14-2019 09:09 PM

Hi Kronicklez,

Starting in Junos OS Release 14.1, you can configure MC-LAG interfaces on logical systems within a router.

https://apps.juniper.net/feature-explorer/feature-info.html?fKey=6360&fn=MC-LAG%20on%20logical%20sys...

You may refer the below two sections from the link for details:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/logical-systems-mc-lag-overview.htm...

Sample Configuration Scenario for MC-LAG on Logical Systems
Guidelines for Configuring MC-LAG on Logical Systems

Regards,

Rahul Gautam

Highlighted
Routing

‎05-16-2019 05:11 PM

Hi Rahul,

The url that u shared still show two physical MX/vMX. I'm just have one MX only and want to simulate the MC-LAG. Is it possible?

Highlighted
Routing

‎05-18-2019 07:06 PM

Hi Kronicklez,

Based on the below points from the document, I don't think MC-LAG is possible with logical systems within a single chassis or VMX. You may give it a try however I expect some part of the configuration may not work.

Keep the following points in mind while configuring MC-LAG interfaces on logical systems:

• You cannot use a single chassis to function as a provider edge (PE) device and a customer edge (CE) device in different logical systems.

• You cannot use a single chassis to function as two PE devices by configuring logical systems on the chassis and ICCP. ICL links between the two logical systems because the multichassis aggregated Ethernet ID is unique in a router or switch.

• Logical interfaces (IFLs) on the same mc-ae interface cannot be configured across multiple logical systems. In other words, in a multichassis link aggregation (MC-LAG) with both logical systems and logical interfaces (such as mc-ae ae0 unit 0), the same logical interface cannot be shared between logical systems.

Regards,

Rahul Gautam

Feedback