Routing
Highlighted
Routing

BGP route not received

‎12-18-2013 05:30 AM

Hi all,

this is my first job with BGP networks and I have the following issue. Wonder if you have any suggestions how to solve it. The network is configured IS-IS, BGP and is connected through MPLS VPN. I have Route Reflectors configured and fully meshed IBGP. A network that is directly connected to a route reflector client (LAN) is being advertised and received by the directly connected RR. This RR is then advetises this route to another RR, but this does not receive the route. To get a picture see the attached document. Why would this happen?

Attachments

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Routing

Re: BGP route not received

‎12-18-2013 07:19 AM

Hi there,

Do both RRs have one and the same cluster-id?

Thanks

Alex

Please ask Your Juniper account team about Juniper Professional Services offerings.
Juniper PS can design, test & build the network/part of the network as per Your requirements

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Accept as Solution = cool !
Accept as Solution+Kudo = You are a Star !
Highlighted
Routing

‎12-18-2013 08:22 AM

Hi,

no they have different cluster IDs, but my understanding is this wouldn't affect this. Thanks

Highlighted
Routing

‎12-18-2013 07:51 PM

It should work. Can you paste a sample config and does your configuration look similar to this documentation?

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos/topics/topic-map/bgp-route-reflection-different-clusters...

JNCIE-SEC #240, JNCIE-ENT #557, CCIE-RS #51416
Highlighted
Routing

‎12-18-2013 09:49 PM
Is 10.255.0.7 reachable on your RR2 ?
Highlighted
Routing

‎12-18-2013 10:02 PM

Show the BGP import polices configured on RR2. At a minimum RR2 should show what it is doing with the route.

RR2>show bgp neighbor RR1

[KUDOS PLEASE! If you think I earned it!
If this solution worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit..]
Highlighted
Routing

‎12-30-2013 10:37 AM

Hi All, thanks for the replies. Still not sure what went wrong in here before, but it seems to be working all fine now. All routes have suddenly exchanged and received.. hmmm. must be the wonders of networks