Routing

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  Can a MX80 perform NAPT?

Posted 01-02-2014 09:21

I am trying to configure a MX80 to perform NAT from multiple inside addresses, using a single Public IP address. I have done this with ease on SRX devices. It appears that all documentation I can find suggests only basic 1:1 static NAT can be performed. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to perform network address port translation? If so, could you provide an example config?

• 2.  RE: Can a MX80 perform NAPT?
    Best Answer

Posted 01-02-2014 09:40

Hi

You can't do this type of NAT (with port translation) on MX80 without additional

equipment. Juniper now offers a multiserivces MIC that can do it

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos13.2/topics/concept/ms-mic-and-mpc-overview.html

But you will need to purchase this additional module (to be installed in the rear slot

of MX80, AFAIK). Also note that NAT config will be significantly different compared

to SRX one.

• 3.  RE: Can a MX80 perform NAPT?

Posted 01-03-2014 04:34

Thanks PK!

I have looked into this on the Juniper Website and MX data sheet and it confrims what you are saying.