Routing

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  Configuring VPLS E-TREE where one spoke site is on the same PE as the Hubsite.

Posted 10-08-2009 08:31

MX480 - 9.2.R3.5

We are configuring Point to Multipoint (E-TREE) services using VPLS instances however we are running into and interesting issue.

When we have spoke sites that terminate on the same MX as the hubsite we can't obviously set import/export targets here as they are on the same PE so we use local-switching however by doing this we open all these sites up to not only being able to pass traffic between themselves but also to all other targeted Hubsites on other PE's.

Does anyone know of a way to manipuate a local-switching domain into a hub and spoke architecture and secondly, to prevent all but the Hubsite from passing traffic to VPLS defined spoke sites?

Thanks

R./

#vpls
    #E-TREE
    #MPLS
    #P2MP

• 2.  RE: Configuring VPLS E-TREE where one spoke site is on the same PE as the Hubsite.
    Best Answer

Posted 10-08-2009 09:13

I found a solution to this so thought I'd share it!.... The "core-facing" command.

>> interfaces ge-0/0/0 {

>> flexible-vlan-tagging;

>> encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;

>> unit 0 { >> family vpls {

>> core-facing;                       <<< on your spoke interface of the >> Hub PE

• 3.  RE: Configuring VPLS E-TREE where one spoke site is on the same PE as the Hubsite.

Posted 10-27-2009 14:40

Hello there,

I have recently upgraded M160 from JUNOS 7.3 to 9.6 to use Inter-AS VPLS feature, which was first interduced in Junos 9.5. However, whenever I want to configure VPLS statement under routing-instant, the software tells me that this plateform is not supported.

If anyone has a solution to this problem, please let me know

Thanks very much for your support

• 4.  RE: Configuring VPLS E-TREE where one spoke site is on the same PE as the Hubsite.

Posted 03-02-2011 01:37

@Ribo wrote:

I found a solution to this so thought I'd share it!.... The "core-facing" command.

>> interfaces ge-0/0/0 {

>> flexible-vlan-tagging;

>> encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;

>> unit 0 {

>> family vpls {

>> core-facing;                       <<< on your spoke interface of the >> Hub PE

We also tried this and it works perfectly.

However, when we connected two spoke-interfaces to the Hub PE, I was surprised to see that these two "core-facing" interfaces was actually allowed to communicate.

Have anyone else tried this?

--

Best regards,

Lasse Jarlskov

Systems architect - IP

Telenor DK