Routing

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  Dual fiber and Single Fiber SFP

Posted 10-12-2017 00:21

Hi,

Can someone please let me know, how do i find out if the SFP is dual fiber or single fiber by the juniper SFP part number or specifications.

I require both dual fiber and single fiber SFP for 10G and range 10KM

• 2.  RE: Dual fiber and Single Fiber SFP
    Best Answer

Posted 10-12-2017 04:01

Juniper only does a dual fiber 10G 10km single-mode optic: EX-SFP-10G-LR. single fiber (bidi) are available for 1G.

If you require a single fiber (bidi) 10G optic, you have to look into thirdparty vendors to solve this need - but it will work so you can easily go in that direction 🙂

• 3.  RE: Dual fiber and Single Fiber SFP

Posted 10-12-2017 04:19

Hi Jonas ,

I wasn't expecting some one to resolve the query this soon, I will let this be the solution unless someone points out single fiber SFP for 10GbE.

Thanks alot for the information.

Regards,

Mannan Ahmed

• 4.  RE: Dual fiber and Single Fiber SFP

Posted 10-13-2017 00:43

Hi Guys,

I would like to ask a follow up question,

Is there any performance impact for useing 3rd party SFPs?

Can anyone suggested Single Fiber (bidi) 10GbE SFP for MX960 MIC-3D-4XGE-XFP

Regards,

Mannan

• 5.  RE: Dual fiber and Single Fiber SFP

Posted 10-13-2017 00:55

Hi Mannan,

there is no performance impact of using 3rd party optics.

Regarding which optic for MIC-3D-4XGE-XFP. This MIC has 4 XFP-slots which is a different form factor than SFP+.

You could eg. use Prolabs EX-XFP-10GE-BXD-20KM-C and EX-XFP-10GE-BXU-20KM-C. Please be aware with bidi optics they need to be in pairs as transmit/receive wavelengths has to match. In this case you can see tx/rx on the SKU description from Prolabs. Other vendors has similar optics available, use your google-foo to find these. Prolabs are just my personal go-to-vendor 🙂

EX-XFP-10GE-BXD-20KM-C  10GBASE-BXD XFP, Tx1330nm/Rx1270nm, 20km 
     EX-XFP-10GE-BXU-20KM-C  10GBASE-BXU XFP, Tx1270nm/Rx1330nm, 20km 

Please remember to kudo if you can use the answer...

• 6.  RE: Dual fiber and Single Fiber SFP

Posted 10-13-2017 04:38

I've found that Champion Optics work well in the MX, EX and ACX line gear and offer a wide variety of BiDi options.

https://www.championone.com/