Routing
Highlighted
Routing

EVPN Type 5 routes

‎10-02-2019 01:51 AM

Hello,

when using evpn type 5 routes, is it possible to redistribute dynamic routes, or does it only work with directly connected & static routes? I've been unable to find any example for that.

Also, is it also possible to filter or control what type 5 routes are imported? I can only see a way to filter what is exported, which I would assume could be used to redistribute from bgp or ospf if required, but I can't find a way to apply a policy to filter what is to be imported.

BR,

Pablo

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Routing

Re: EVPN Type 5 routes

[ Edited ]
‎10-02-2019 02:09 AM

Hello,

AFAIK, the corresponding I-Draft https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-prefix-advertisement-11 only cares for scenarios where CE (they are called TS, VA or VM in the draft) do NOT run dynamic routing protocols.

Hence, redistribution of PE-CE OSPF|RIP|BGP etc routes into EVPN Type 5 is not supported.

HTH

Thx

Alex

Please ask Your Juniper account team about Juniper Professional Services offerings.
Juniper PS can design, test & build the network/part of the network as per Your requirements

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Accept as Solution = cool !
Accept as Solution+Kudo = You are a Star !
Highlighted
Routing

Re: EVPN Type 5 routes

‎10-02-2019 04:45 AM

That's also my assumption, but it doesn't say that dynamic protocols can't be supported, hence my questioning.

In this case, I guess the other option to readvertise routes across DCs would be to create an overlayed IRBs and run a dynamic protocol on the VRF to redistribute from CE to the other PE..

Thanks!

Pablo