Routing
Highlighted
Routing

EX-3X00 instance-import

4 weeks ago

Hello everyone,

I finally managed to find a solution to my problems with ntp/ftp and etc from master inet via routing-instance.

Vlan-data is our ISP provider which provides routers between sites, i got the following working perfectly in our entire environment except i cant reach the other Juniper devices. (i can reach every other resource in OSPF)

For instance say that Switch A and Switch B have "identical" configuration on  2 different locations, Switch A with IP 10.250.250.1/32 cant ping Switch B with IP 10.250.250.2/32 even tough Switch A and B's master and Vlan-data route tables have entries.

set interfaces lo0.1 family inet address 10.250.250.2/32 (Resides in inet.0, there is already a lo0.0 linked to VR Vlan-data)
set interfaces lo0.1 description "MGMT IP"

set policy-options policy-statement "Master to Vlan-Data" term 1 from instance master
set policy-options policy-statement "Master to Vlan-Data" term 1 from route-filter 10.250.250.0/24 upto /32 <- will be "/32 exact" on deployment.
set policy-options policy-statement "Master to Vlan-Data" term 1 then accept
set policy-options policy-statement "Master to Vlan-Data" term 2 then reject
set policy-options policy-statement "Vlan-Data to Master" term 1 from instance Vlan-Data
set policy-options policy-statement "Vlan-Data to Master" term 1 then accept

set routing-instances Vlan-Data routing-options instance-import "Master to Vlan-Data"
set routing-instances Vlan-Data protocols ospf export "Master to Vlan-Data"

set routing-options instance-import "Vlan-Data to Master"

KB:
https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB19860

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Routing

Re: EX-3X00 instance-import

4 weeks ago

Hello,

anf@tyrens.se wrote:

i got the following working perfectly in our entire environment except i cant reach the other Juniper devices. (i can reach every other resource in OSPF)

For instance say that Switch A and Switch B have "identical" configuration on  2 different locations, Switch A with IP 10.250.250.1/32 cant ping Switch B with IP 10.250.250.2/32 even tough Switch A and B's master and Vlan-data route tables have entries.

I hope You do ping with "routing-instance Vlan-Data" knob, or do You? For this to happen, You'd need at least 1 interface in the Vlan-Data instance.

If not then FBF for locally-generated traffic is not supported. I.e. if You have a filter applied to outgoing interface and You expect that this filter will redirect locally-generated pings from CLI, then it will not, unfortunately.

HTH

Thx

Alex 

Please ask Your Juniper account team about Juniper Professional Services offerings.
Juniper PS can design, test & build the network/part of the network as per Your requirements

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Accept as Solution = cool !
Accept as Solution+Kudo = You are a Star !
Highlighted
Routing

4 weeks ago

Hi, 
No, no routing-instance specified in the ping request and it's working to everything except other switches configured in the same way but with a different IP, i want the master instance to be able to send traffic with source ip from the loopback configured in inet.0 (lo0.1) out to the 'Vlan-DATA' and back, thats why i leaked the routes betweens the instances.

All the vlans and lo0.0 is tied to the routing-instance 'Vlan-DATA', it's only lo0.1 (unit 1) that is tied to the master instance.

Then there is 2 other routing-instances, one for guest-network that is routed out via another ISP provider.
And another one which separates traffic from Offices VMM's to Datacenter VMM management network.

What i'm trying to achieve is so that i can have syslog, ftp, ntp and other system configurations without specyfing source-adress or the need to specify which routing-instance to use, as radius and other protocols support the 'routing-instance' config but others do not.

And all i would like to know with this solution is why i'm not able to ping other switches with same configuration when there are complete routes, but perhaps that is something you will need the entire configuration to see?

Thanks again for your time in replying me, i do gracefully accept any advice.

Highlighted
Routing

[ Edited ]
2 weeks ago

Hi Aarseniev, please see answer above.
@Aarseniev
Thank you again.

BR

Feedback