Routing

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  Is there a way to advertise an aggregate from inet.0 based on routes in a VRF?

Posted 01-29-2014 23:19

Hello- I have multiple VRFs that connect into inet.0 via lt interfaces..all VRFs use dynamic routing with other devices connecting into the VRFs and receving /32 routes. i have a static routes pointed from inet.0 to the peer lt interfaces. Inet.0 then advertises an aggregate  for all VRFs, i.e /21, to the rest of the network.

I need to stop advertising /21 block in case routes in the VRFs go away? i can do this by running a routing protocol between the vrf and inet.0 over the lt interfaces..i was wondering if there's another way to do this so i don't have to keep adding routing adjacencies from VRFs to inet.0.

Hope this makes sense

TIA.

• 2.  RE: Is there a way to advertise an aggregate from inet.0 based on routes in a VRF?
    Best Answer

Posted 01-30-2014 02:41

Hello there,

Please have a look at this http://forums.juniper.net/jnet/attachments/jnet/jnetnews/869/1/WC2014_policy_challenge.pdf , it may answer Your questions.

HTH

Thanks

Alex

• 3.  RE: Is there a way to advertise an aggregate from inet.0 based on routes in a VRF?

Posted 01-30-2014 11:58

Thanks! that could potentially work. I have a need to match bunch of /32s and not just one.. wondering if route matchin within the condtion statement supports prefix range etc. i.e if-route-exists 10.1.1.0/23 prefix-length-range /30-/32. 

i havent seen any info on that. 

• 4.  RE: Is there a way to advertise an aggregate from inet.0 based on routes in a VRF?

Posted 01-30-2014 14:18

Hello,

@juniper321 wrote:

wondering if route matchin within the condtion statement supports prefix range etc. i.e if-route-exists 10.1.1.0/23 prefix-length-range /30-/32. 

i havent seen any info on that. 

The info is right here

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos13.2/topics/reference/configuration-statement/if-route-exists-edit-policy-options-condition.html

The "address" must be a single network/masklen combination. No support for additional "prefix-range", "longer", "orlonger", "upto"  etc knobs.

If You have a bunch of prefixes to match, use auxuliary policies (one "condition" matching 1 prefix + one auxiliary policy containing said "condition") like in my example and combine them on a policy-chain, possibly with logical expressions.

HTH

Thanks

Alex

• 5.  RE: Is there a way to advertise an aggregate from inet.0 based on routes in a VRF?

Posted 01-31-2014 20:40

Thank you!