Routing

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  L2TP LNS to LAC naming

Posted 04-30-2018 01:02

Hi,

I am sure I have asked this and believe I have the configuraiton right but could some please confirm if this configuration is correct:

If the downstream ISP does not use naming for the LAC to LNS details and we have to use "default" as the naming convention, is the following configuration correct:

set access profile l2tp-profile client default l2tp maximum-sessions-per-tunnel 4000
    set access profile l2tp-profile client default l2tp interface-id l2tp-encapsulation
    set access profile l2tp-profile client default l2tp shared-secret "$9$5T6AB1hrK8Ec87dsJZqmfTn/Ap0IhS"
    set access profile l2tp-profile client default user-group-profile l2tp-group-profile

Thanks

• 2.  RE: L2TP LNS to LAC naming
    Best Answer

Posted 04-30-2018 01:41

I have found the answer to my own question. Apologies for disturbing you guys...... Here is Junipers view:

Note: Use default as the client name when you want to define a default tunnel client. The default client enables the authentication of multiple LACs with the same secret and L2TP attributes. This behavior is useful when, for example, many new LACs are added to the network, because it enables the LACs to be used without additional LNS profile configuration.

Use default only on MX Series routers. The equivalent client name on M Series routers is *.