Routing
Highlighted
Routing

Load Balance 2 L3 interface with the same next-hop IP

‎02-17-2020 03:05 AM
Hi Everyone, Is it possible in Juniper SRX to do active-active load balancing with the provided diagram? 2 L3 interface with the same next-hop IP. Please see diagram for reference. WAN interface ge-0/0/0.0 with IP 2.2.2.1/29 WAN interface ge-0/0/1.0 with IP 2.2.2.2/29 LAN interface ge-0/0/2.0 with IP 192.168.1.1/24 Appreciate your help mates.

Attachments

3 REPLIES 3
Routing

Re: Load Balance 2 L3 interface with the same next-hop IP

‎02-17-2020 05:54 AM

Hello,

This is possible with routing-instances + FBF, or overlay subnet with static ARP but configuration would be quite convoluted.

You'd be better off with 2-member LAG between Your SRX and ISP.

Trust me Smiley Happy

HTH

Thx

Alex

Please ask Your Juniper account team about Juniper Professional Services offerings.
Juniper PS can design, test & build the network/part of the network as per Your requirements

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Accept as Solution = cool !
Accept as Solution+Kudo = You are a Star !
Highlighted
Routing

‎02-19-2020 11:30 AM

Unfortunately, you can't configure 2 interfaces with IP addresses in the same subnet if they are in the same routing-instance/logical-system. In your case, looks like bundle the link into ae would be most straightforward. And ae should achieve load balance for most of internet traffic. 

Mengzhe Hu
JNCIE x 3 (SP DC ENT)
Highlighted
Routing

‎02-23-2020 12:43 AM
Thanks for this one. Sounds logical for me and would like to do some test using this approach. Will post further updates regarding my testing.
Feedback