Routing
Highlighted
Routing

MC-LAG between Cisco VSS Pair and MX 960 - 2 separate

[ Edited ]
‎02-01-2013 10:23 PM

Hello Members,

I am hoping someone from you must have come across the scenario I am referring to.

we have 2 Cisco 6504 switch configured as VSS Pair

we need to introduce MX960 as replacement of VSS but we are facing issues in bringing ospf connectivity between VSS pair of Cisco and MX960(both the swiches).

1. L2 connectivity is good

2. OSPF between VSS pair and Mx are stucked in ExStart phase.

A. I tried setting different MTU size between Cisco and Juniper, like 9192 and 9216 but no luck.

if you guys are facing similar type of issue, please help here.

Attachments

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Routing

Re: MC-LAG between Cisco VSS Pair and MX 960 - 2 separate

‎02-05-2013 05:38 AM

Hi Forum members, pls throw your ideas if any one of you came across such scenario.

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Routing

‎02-05-2013 06:25 AM

Hello,

You should try to find out what MTU Cisco VSS is advertising to MX960 in OSPF Database Description packets (or vice versa, what MTU is MX960 advertising to Cisco VSS in OSPF DD packets).

To do that on MX960, run following command in operational mode:

monitor traffic interface <cisco-facing interface> no-resolve size 9999 extensive matching ospf

- and post the result here.

There is a similar command in Cisco IOS, I think it is "debug ip packet <ACL number>" but I am not sure if it is supported in VSS mode.

HTH

Thanks

Alex

Please ask Your Juniper account team about Juniper Professional Services offerings.
Juniper PS can design, test & build the network/part of the network as per Your requirements

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Accept as Solution = cool !
Accept as Solution+Kudo = You are a Star !
Highlighted
Routing

‎02-07-2013 06:58 AM

Hi,

In cisco please configure "ignore mtu".

Previously i have configure MX MC-LAG connect to Cisco VSS. When u do MC-LAG that physical link in MX cannot do Layer 3. In other word is pure Layer 2. That has been verify by JTAC n that was a limititaion of doing MC-LAG. So i confius how u can make that Layer 3 connection? Do u use additional physical link? or do u use family bridge concept on MX?

Thanks

Feedback