Routing
Highlighted
Routing

MPLS Link protection

‎10-31-2019 08:12 PM

What does it means when you see this, while checking the status of a protected LSP at the transit router (show mpls lsp transit extensive)? 

No suitable bypass with sufficient bandwidth

Thanks! 

Yasmin Lara - Juniper Ambassador #QuadE - JNCIE-SP, JNCIE-ENT, JNCIE-DC, JNCIE-SEC
JNCIS-CLOUD, JNCDS-DC, JNCIA-DevOps
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Routing

Re: MPLS Link protection

‎11-01-2019 08:04 AM

Hi Yasmin

Are these automatically generated bypass LSPs or individually/Manually configured bypass LSPs ??? 

In any case "No suitable bypass with sufficient bandwidth" means that the due to bandwith constraint the bypass in not up on this transit router. 

>check "show rsvp interface " on this transit router to check if there is any interface which has not bandwith avialable ?? 

> On the ingeress router chech the lsp for which link protection was enables to verify if the link protection ever came up ?? You should see "Link-protection Up" or "Link-protection Down" 

On ingress please collect: 

"show mpls lsp name <lsp name>  extensive" 

"show rsvp session extensive name <lsp name>"

Regards

Arpit 

Highlighted
Routing

‎11-03-2019 02:03 PM

I was using a static bypass LSP with plenty of bandwidth on the interfaces, but I was trying to use the same bypass LSP to protect too many LSPs going across the interface. I am now using dynamic bypass, with the max-bypass statement. 

Yasmin Lara - Juniper Ambassador #QuadE - JNCIE-SP, JNCIE-ENT, JNCIE-DC, JNCIE-SEC
JNCIS-CLOUD, JNCDS-DC, JNCIA-DevOps
Highlighted
Routing

‎11-04-2019 08:24 AM

Hi Yasmin, 

Thanks for the update. I'm glad it worked out.

Please accept my initial response as a solution if it answered your question so others can benefit from your post.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Accept as Solution = cool !
Accept as Solution+Kudo = You are a Star !

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Regards

Arpit