Routing
Highlighted
Routing

Multicast Issues

‎12-02-2013 12:03 AM

I have a new project at work where I have to configure two GRE tunnels to a remote customer who needs to pull multicast feeds from both tunnels at the same time. On my side I have two core Juniper routers with one GRE each who are connecting to a Cisco router on the far end. The problem is that the Cisco router is choosing to pull feeds from one GRE only.

What do I need to do to get the remote router to pull feeds from each GRE tunnel at the same time?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Routing

Re: Multicast Issues

‎12-02-2013 12:32 AM
Please provide info on topology and PIM join state at each device.
Highlighted
Routing

‎12-02-2013 10:22 AM

I have attached the topology.

And the join states are all good. The tunnels themselves are up and running. The problem is that the remote router is choosing to pull feeds from only one tunnel instead of both, at the same time.

Attachments

Highlighted
Routing

‎12-03-2013 01:34 AM

do you want to receive same feed (s,g) on both GREs? if yes then you can try using igmp static join.

if you want to achieve loadbalancing then you can use 

ip multicast multipath

Highlighted
Routing

‎12-03-2013 01:39 AM

If the left flow is (S1, G1) and the right flow is (S2, G2):

1) Is G1 == G2?

2) Is S1 == S2?

3) Does the Cisco router have downstream interfaces?

Highlighted
Routing

‎12-03-2013 05:29 PM

We need to send different feeds per GRE. The sources and groups are all different as well. 

So S1 == G1

S2 == G2,

etc...

I have labbed up the posted topology and am working on getting a VRF routing instance per Juniper. I made some good progress today but at this moment the Cisco router is not picking up any of the routes that are in the Juniper's routing table. I used import rib's to get the routing table's on the instance the same as inet.0 but I don't know how to get my Juniper to pass these routes on to the Cisco. Right now they are OSPF neighbors in Full state but the Cisco has only a few routes, not the phone book that the Juniper has. Any thoughts?

Highlighted
Routing

‎12-05-2013 04:22 AM

Sorry, I fail to see the motivation for that complex unicast routing approach. If sources are different, and the Cisco has unicast routes to each source pointing to the correct GRE tunnel, it should work smoothly, shouldn't it?

Highlighted
Routing

‎12-05-2013 05:32 PM

I think the problem is that both tunnels point to the same RP. I'm trying to create a new routing instance on one of the core's that will become a new RP for the Cisco to point to.