Routing

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  Null0 Interface in Juniper ?

Posted 11-11-2008 10:14

Hi,

Is there any equivalent interface in Juniper for Cisco's Null0 ? or We need to acheive that functionality with policy only ?

• 2.  RE: Null0 Interface in Juniper ?
    Best Answer

Posted 11-11-2008 13:40

Hi,

If you want to install a route in routing table even you don't have a next-hop you can use discard keyword ,

for example : 

[edit]

Router# set routing-options static route A.B.C.D/M discard 

Best Regards

kdoumal 

• 3.  RE: Null0 Interface in Juniper ?

Posted 09-19-2017 04:22

Hi, 

I would like to restrict some routes going out of my ABR router. Is it possible ?

For example,

In area 0, I have 10 routes. And these ten routes are going into area 1 as LSA1 routes.

So, on a router in Area 1, i will see all the 10 routes from area 0 as LSA1.

Now, I want only 4 LSA's out of 10 LSA's to be seen in routers in area 1.

How to achieve this. Do I need to add some configuration on the ABR router or router in area1.

For now, i have only one router in area1. ABR is part of area0 and area1.

• 4.  RE: Null0 Interface in Juniper ?

Posted 09-19-2017 06:15
    Probably better to post this as its own thread, rather than adding to a years-old thread on an unrelated topic. Anyway, you have some incorrect information here. Type 1 LSAs don't go from area to area; this information gets summarised in Type 3 LSAs instead. You can use import and export filters on your ABR to control what information will get passed from area to area.

• 5.  RE: Null0 Interface in Juniper ?

Posted 09-20-2017 04:17

I think the only way to control external routes flowing from the backbone into area 1 is to make area 1 a stub area and inject a default route in it. If the external routes were in area 1 then you could use the area-range restrict statement.

• 6.  RE: Null0 Interface in Juniper ?

Posted 11-11-2008 14:38

To expand on that a little, there is also the equivalent discard interface that you can apply a filter to if you are interested in what is going to your null0/discard interface: 

interfaces {

dsc {

unit 0 {

family inet {

filter {

output discards-out;

}

}

}

}

}

firewall {