Routing

last person joined: 5 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  OSPF Default Route

Posted 11-06-2013 00:00
      |   view attached

Hi,

I need to join two small networks together. One network only use static routing between routers, and the second network is built using OSPF. I've attached a small simplified picture. A1 and A2 routers are using static routing only. B1-B4 are in OSPF Area 0. I've placed router X1 between these networks (the interface on X1 that connects to B1 is part of OSPF). Hardware is Juniper only, mostly EX4200.

So, my problem is that I can't figure out how to handle the default route for the OSPF network. I want it to point to A2, so I guess I need to export a default route into OSPF on the X1 router in some way. All traffic in the OSPF network that doesn't match an internal network in the OSPF area (for example Internet traffic) should go to A2.

Any help would be much appreciated. 🙂

• 2.  RE: OSPF Default Route
    Best Answer

Posted 11-06-2013 05:31

So on X1 you have a 0/0 route to A2. You can write a policy on X1 (from route-filter 0.0.0.0/0 exact then accept) and apply this as an export policy to ospf (set protocol ospf  export <policy-name> . All other router in area 0 should see an externaal ospf route, type 2, pointing to X1.

Something like this:

set policy-options policy-statement ospf-default from protocol static set policy-options policy-statement ospf-default from route-filter 0.0.0.0/0 exact set  policy-options policy-statement ospf-default then accept set  protocols ospf export ospf-default

• 3.  RE: OSPF Default Route

Posted 11-06-2013 06:45

Works as expected. Thanks!

• 4.  RE: OSPF Default Route

Posted 02-11-2014 15:24

Im facing a similar situation , I already understand how to export the static route into the ospf.

Now , what I dont know how to is to import the "dinamics" ospf routes into the estatic routing table on X1 in this case.

I readed on the docs that ribs are needed ... Im not very clear about ribs

Any help on this would be preciated.

• 5.  RE: OSPF Default Route

Posted 02-13-2014 15:19

X1 has an interface in OSPF area 0 so it will have the dynamic routes learned from OSPF.

x1>show ospf interface

if interface is present,

x1>show ospf neighbor

Is adjacency established?

x1>show ospf route
    see the ospf routes learned by ospf
    x1>show route protocol ospf
    see the routes active in the inet.0 table

can you post relevant config, output and what you want to acheive that you are not seeing currently?

Can you show an output of the ospf routes that are not present on X1, if X1 is running ospf.

• 6.  RE: OSPF Default Route

Posted 02-18-2014 07:54

You earned that , eventhough I have not teste yet , just checking,

Thanks!