Routing
Highlighted
Routing

OSPF Default Route

‎11-01-2018 02:53 PM

Hi all,

I have an issue (lack of skill) that I am hoping someone can help me out with. The situation is that we have a firewall connected to the internet, the firewall is connected to a QFX5100 running OSPF and BGP that is connected to a remote site.

The QFX and the remote site are in OSPF area 0.

My problem is how to advertise a default route into OSPF, I know from Below to get it onto the remote routing table but how when I want two routes the same?

set logical-systemes LS3 routing-options static route 0.0.0.0/0 next-hop "the firewall"

As documented:

set logical-systems LS3 routing-options static route 0.0.0.0/0 discard
set logical-systems LS3 routing-options static route 0.0.0.0/0 no-install
set logical-systems LS3 policy-options policy-statement ospf-default from protocol static
set logical-systems LS3 policy-options policy-statement ospf-default from route-filter 0.0.0.0/0 exact
set logical-systems LS3 policy-options policy-statement ospf-default then accept
set logical-systems LS3 protocols ospf export ospf-default

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Routing

Re: OSPF Default Route

‎11-01-2018 07:08 PM
Hi,
Since you already have a default route towards firewall in QFX, there is no need to add second default route with discard next hop and no-install option.
Remove second default route with discard next hop and the remaining config is enough to advertise default route to remote site from QFX
Thanks,
Nellikka
JNCIE x3 (SEC #321; SP #2839; ENT #790)
Please Mark My Solution Accepted if it Helped, Kudos are Appreciated too!!!
Highlighted
Routing

Re: OSPF Default Route

‎11-01-2018 08:40 PM

Hi Nellikka,

I will give this a go over the weekend and let you know how it goes.

Theres a little more work than just this route as we are changing ISP's / external public ip's etc.

Cheers

Feedback