Routing
Highlighted
Routing

OSPF Peer Interfaces

‎09-12-2019 03:37 AM

Hi guys, 

I was reading about new version of OSPF for GMPLS networks but I don't understand the use of Peer Interfaces. I think is not useful so far. Someone used it?

Thanks in advance, 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Routing

Re: OSPF Peer Interfaces

‎09-12-2019 03:51 PM

Hello!

There are two service models for GMPLS. Each model determines how much visibility a client node, such as a router, has into the optical core or transport network. The first model is a UNI, which is often referred to as the overlay model. The second is known as the peer model. Juniper Networks supports both models.

peer-interface can be used after you have configured the LMP peers, it is needed to add the peer interfaces to RSVP and OSPF. The peer interface name must match the peer name configured in LMP. Once the peer interfaces
are added to the protocols, the TE link local and remote addresses can be signaled and advertised to peers like any other interface enabled for RSVP and OSPF. These act as virtual interfaces for GMPLS.

Hopefully, this explanation clears your question, if you have any concern please feel free to let me know!

Best Regards,

Allan Quiros 

Highlighted
Routing

Re: OSPF Peer Interfaces

‎09-24-2019 07:00 AM

Hi,

You can refer below documentation for more details about GMPLS feature on Junos.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/partners/ibm/junos11.4-oemlitedocs/feature-guide-gmpls-tc.pdf

Thanks,

Ganesan