Routing
Routing

OSPF on ICCP link

3 weeks ago

Hi all

I have a basic question, sorry if it seems naive.

Is there some pros/cons of OSPF on ICCP link when 2 nodes are configured in MCLAG configuration.

I have 2 nodes connected using one ICCP link (vlan transported on LAG).

I have attached to gw in X pattern to this couple of MCLAG peer.

I have configured OSPF between MCLAG cluster and GW couple (point - to -point + all links area 0.0.0.0).

My question: is there any drawbacks or risk to enable OSPF on ICCP link ?

I fear some connexity issues if neither my GW nor my MCLAG peer share any OSPF adjacency.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

4 REPLIES 4
Routing

Re: OSPF on ICCP link

[ Edited ]
3 weeks ago

Hi there!

here is an example of the use of OSPF for such scneario:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/topic-map/mc-lag-redundancy-and-multihoming...

make the OSPF adjacency between the lo0 interfaces so it is not link dependent. 

I help you, you help me... please share a Kudos or accepted solution whenever you feel I have helped with your problem! Smiley Happy
Routing

3 weeks ago

Hi egondragon

Greetings, You should not have problems with it in the following scenario :

MC-LAG Active/Active with VRRP

Static arp is required for integrated routing and bridging (IRB)-to-IRB connectivity across the ICL.

This is configured to support OSPF over the Inter-Control Center Communications Protocol (ICCP).

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/release-independent/nce/topics/concept/mf-mc-lag-active-...

VRRP Active-Standby Support

NOTE

You must configure VRRP on both MC-LAG peers for both the active and standby members to accept and route packets. Additionally, you must configure the VRRP backup device to send and receive ARP requests.

NOTE

If you are using the VRRP over IRB or RVI method to enable Layer 3 functionality, you must configure static ARP entries for the IRB or RVI interface of the remote MC-LAG peer to allow routing protocols to run over the IRB or RVI interfaces.

NOTE

Starting in Junos OS Release 15.2R1, you do not need to configure a static ARP or ND entry for the remote IRB IP address. If you have already manually configured a static ARP or ND entry and upgrade to a later release, the static entry is deleted when ICCP goes down. If you configured ICCP on the IRB static entry, then ICCP might not come up. As a workaround, you can disable the automatic creation of static ARP and ND entries by issuing the following command:

user@device# set protocols l2-learning no-mclag-ifa-sync

Regards,
Lil Dexx JNCIE-ENT#863

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution" so we can help others too \Smiley Happy/

Routing

3 weeks ago

Hi Egondragon

You can refer to the below document which has the scenario with vrrp and ospf configured for the L3 redundancy over the iccp.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/release-independent/nce/information-products/pathway-pag...

You may start at 

Thanks

Routing

3 weeks ago

Thanks to all of you

You are awesome.

I'll look the link you provided and share any solution once I have one.

Regards