Routing
Highlighted
Routing

OSPF route-filtering

‎03-27-2014 08:59 PM

Could you please provide insight on how to restrict specific routes learned via OSPF from getting updated in the main routing table.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Routing

Re: OSPF route-filtering

‎03-28-2014 02:37 AM

You would need to be more specific on what kind of leard routes. Are you talking about an ospf instance running in a vr? For external learned routes, you can use the area-range restrict option. You can use a routing policy or manipulate the link cost to make one more or less desirable.

[KUDOS PLEASE! If you think I earned it!
If this solution worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit..]
Highlighted
Routing

‎03-30-2014 07:37 PM

I am looking for something similar to 'distribute-list in' to filter LSAs from updating in the routing table..

Highlighted
Routing

‎03-30-2014 08:06 PM

You cannot just restrict any LSAs simply speaking. You can restrict them by creating stub, nssa, totally stubby, totally nssa areas and using the restrict commands. Please post your layout and put in some IPs and tell exactly what you want to restrict. You cannot write routing policies to restrict internal LSAs. If they are are external routes being injected then you can do something about that.

If this solution worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit..]
Highlighted
Routing

‎03-31-2014 05:29 PM

Are you refering to something like a routing policy that will reject specific OSPF external routes? 

Highlighted
Routing

‎04-02-2014 03:32 AM

You cannot restrict internal LSA's in OSPF. Some options like Stub, NSSA, Totally stub, area-restrict will work.

Which information has to be blocked? Do you have a sample Network diagram and can you explain on it?

Best Regards,

Pavan

Click Accept as solution so others can benefit.