Routing

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  Problems Advertising VRF loop back interface to other PE.

Posted 05-20-2012 13:32
    Hi there, I'm trying to lab a basic Mpls setup with 3 branch srx. Pe----p---pe I am running ldp & ospf between the pe & P routers and Ibpg using lo0 between the pe routers. My vrf config is very simple (using a vrf target), and I have a loop back in the vrf. I am trying to advertise the vrf loopback between the pe's. Ldp, ospf and Ibpg is up. Security config disabled, the boxes running in packet mode & mpls enabled. The route for the loopback is seen on the other Pe in both the bgp table and vrf table but is hidden (unusable). I have tried using import & export targets and rib groups to advertise the vrf loopback, but cannot get the route seen. Any ideas? many thanks!

• 2.  RE: Problems Advertising VRF loop back interface to other PE.

Posted 05-20-2012 13:39

Could you provide some shows?, maybe you route is hidden because you cant reach the next  hop.

• 3.  RE: Problems Advertising VRF loop back interface to other PE.
    Best Answer

Posted 05-20-2012 14:05
    Hi Alex, Thanks for the reply, yes that's exactly the problem, I'll post the outputs when I'm in the office tomorrow but I'm trying to figure out a way to either get the vrf loopback into inet0 and make the next hop reachable like that or tweak it some other way. Any thoughts? Thanks, Marc

• 4.  RE: Problems Advertising VRF loop back interface to other PE.

Posted 05-21-2012 01:09

Ah..a colleague found the problem.. missed the loopback of the pe out of  ospf...doh..