Routing

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  Routing failover in a firewall filter

Posted 11-15-2017 13:52

We have an SRX300 with 2 completely independent ISP connections. Default route preference handles most outbound connections just fine. However, one ISP is cheap/fast cable broadband where we want all of our web-surfing activity to go. The other connection is reserved for more formal business needs.

The connections are set up with separate routing instances and rib groups in what I think is a fairly standard configuration. But for the web surfing traffic from our proxy server, I have a firewal filter as follows

firewall {
        filter PROXY-FILTER {
            term PROXY-DEFAULT-ROUTE {
                from {
                    source-address {
                        192.168.4.85/32;
                    }
                }
                then {
                    routing-instance VR-SPECTRUM;
                }
            }
            term DEFAULT {
                then accept;
            }
        }
    }

Thsi works great, all the traffic from the proxy server goes out the cable broadband. However when that connection drops, the proxy server can't reach the Internet. How can I add failover to this filter?

Sorry if this is stupid-simple, but I'm new to Junos as we are replacing our old SSG routers. I haven't been able to find the solution. Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Routing failover in a firewall filter
    Best Answer

Posted 11-15-2017 17:15
    You may configure FBF with ip monitoring.

Pl follow the KB.

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB22052&actp=METADATA

HTH..

• 3.  RE: Routing failover in a firewall filter

Posted 11-22-2017 10:45

We're using virtual-router routing-instances, but it looks like that solution should still work. Thanks.