Routing
Highlighted
Routing

STM-1 link Bundles

‎01-07-2014 11:44 PM

Hi,

I have a M320 router and want to connect two POPs with 2XSTM-1 link.

I want to aggregate 2 X STM-1 links as one and I think Multilink-PPP is the best choice.  Am I right?

The PICs on my hand are quite OLD (OC-3 SONET SMF-IF & STM-1/OC-3 SONET SMF-IF). 

Could you tell me can I configure Mulitlink-PPP with the existing hardware? Or I have to purchase a new service PIC for the Multilink-PPP configuration?

Regards,

Jacky

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Routing

Re: STM-1 link Bundles

‎01-08-2014 03:04 AM

If both routers are juniper try this:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.0/topics/usage-guidelines/interfaces-configuring-aggre...

Krasi

@KW Jacky wrote:

Hi,

I have a M320 router and want to connect two POPs with 2XSTM-1 link.

I want to aggregate 2 X STM-1 links as one and I think Multilink-PPP is the best choice.  Am I right?

The PICs on my hand are quite OLD (OC-3 SONET SMF-IF & STM-1/OC-3 SONET SMF-IF). 

Could you tell me can I configure Mulitlink-PPP with the existing hardware? Or I have to purchase a new service PIC for the Multilink-PPP configuration?

Regards,

Jacky

Highlighted
Routing

[ Edited ]
‎01-09-2014 11:45 PM

Hi Krasi,

Thanks for your helpful information. The document said, it is not a public standard.  If remote-end is a Cisco device, the SONET/SDH aggregation will not work? 

Regards,

Jacky

Highlighted
Routing

‎01-10-2014 01:06 AM

Thanks for your helpful information. The document said, it is not a public standard.  If remote-end is a Cisco device, the SONET/SDH aggregation will not work? 

Correct.

Then why not just load balance per packet over both interfaces?

Feedback