Routing
Highlighted
Routing

Solution to Interconnect two labs having two different Subnets?

‎09-17-2019 05:29 AM

Hello,

Good day everyone!

I am in the process of routing traffic between two engineering labs having two different IP subnets.

To make it clear I am attaching the lab network diagram along with this. The problem description is given below.

Blr Lab Diagram.png

- There are two labs LAB1(PTP) and LAB2(PTC)
- LAB1 resources are having 192.168.0.0/16 subnet and LAB2 resources are having 172.18.0.0/16 subnet
- Few of the LAB1 resources are in LAB2 also. Also, LAB2 has its own resources (Means LAB2 has two different subnet resources)
- We need to have LAB2 resources accessible from LAB1 network and vice versa
It will be great if someone can suggest some solution to achieve the same!
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Routing

Re: Solution to Interconnect two labs having two different Subnets?

‎09-17-2019 05:48 AM

1. Create a new connection to LAB1 SRX to LAB1 L2 switch directly and configure interface to a new vlan (eg:- vlan100)
2. Configure P2P link as trunk and allow new vlan at both sides
3. Create a new connection to LAB2 SRX to LAB2 L2 switch directly and configure interface to the new vlan (vlan100)
4. Configure interfaces on both SRXs and assign /30 ip address (eg:- 10.10.10.0/30)
5. Configure routing for LAB2 netwroks in LAB1 SRX and vice versa via /30 network (new vlan connectivity)
6. Configure security zones and allow traffic between LAB1 and LAB2 network

Or same can be done by connecting to L3 Device (if it is the gateway for servers) instead of Firewall

In first method, you will have control on the traffic going between those networks via security policy.

Thanks,
Nellikka
JNCIE x3 (SEC #321; SP #2839; ENT #790)
Please Mark My Solution Accepted if it Helped, Kudos are Appreciated too!!!
Highlighted
Routing

Re: Solution to Interconnect two labs having two different Subnets?

‎09-30-2019 05:31 AM

We are not finding the VLAN solution as a feasible one. It is because we have many switches in between and allowing VLANs in each switch is practically not possible. Do we have any other method by adding the route?

Updated the diagram with some routes, can you please take a look?

ptp-ptc(Brian Suggestion).png