Routing
Highlighted
Routing

To configure speed of interface port

‎02-28-2017 01:25 AM

Hello ,

I have to set the speed of ge port at 10mbps . but when i am doing the configuration of 10m (i.e set interface ge-0/1/1 speed 10m) the link goes down with the neighbor .

Please help , how to configure the rate limit of port of 10m in mx960 for ge port

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Routing

Re: To configure speed of interface port

‎02-28-2017 05:47 AM

Presumably you are setting the port to 10Mbs because that's the link speed the neighbor requires to operate. If the neighbor is working at 1Gbs then why are you even changing it?

Highlighted
Routing

‎02-28-2017 12:35 PM

Hi,

Smicker has a valid question. However, you can follow below techpub document to apply rate limit on an interface.

Bandwidth Policers

Highlighted
Routing

‎02-28-2017 02:36 PM

I completely missed the OP's rate limit question, that must be the intent.

Highlighted
Routing

‎03-01-2017 12:08 AM

Dear Smicker,

Thanks for your reply,

Yes, neighbour (i.e. pc) link are required at 10mb that why i am using (show inerterface interface-name speed) .When i am putting up this command then physical as well as logical link are up in rootuer but communication between pc and router goes down.

I have keep the router as autonegotiation as well ans no-autonegotiaon

How can we resolve  this 

Thanks  & Regards

Highlighted
Routing

‎03-01-2017 05:15 AM

If you are required to form a physical link at 10Mbs then you must hard code the PC side to use 10Mbs as well. Your connection is dropping because one side (PC) is set to auto and the other (router) is fixed.

The whole question and premise is still suspect to me and I think you are asking about rate limiting as adwivedi pointed out.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/topic-map/policer-single-rate-two-color-ban...

Feedback