Routing
Routing

VPLS problem with multiple customer VLANs

3 weeks ago

Hello community,

I have VPLS configured to handle multiple customers. Trafic tagged with customers VLAN will  be swapped to a normalizing VLAN id.

This works with only one customer configured, but when I add more than one customer we observe some interruptions.

In the attached file you will find 2 customers exemple. As you can see the normalizing VLAN id will be 624.

two vlans are present 626 and 627. if only 626 is configured there is no problems but if we add 627 we have some interruptions.

you will see that in the second attached file that shows some ping attempts.

Attachments

3 REPLIES 3
Routing

Re: VPLS problem with multiple customer VLANs

3 weeks ago

Hello,

Because Your customers are in the same instance, their BUM traffic will flood between ae1.626 and ae1.627.

Not sure if this is intended behaviour.

Also, Your "Bandwidth6M" interface policer is affecting all traffic - I strongly recommend policing BUM separately with a flood filter inside the instance and at <6M rate:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/usage-guidelines/vpns-configuring-firewall-...

HTH

Thx

Alex

Please ask Your Juniper account team about Juniper Professional Services offerings.
Juniper PS can design, test & build the network/part of the network as per Your requirements

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Accept as Solution = cool !
Accept as Solution+Kudo = You are a Star !
Routing

3 weeks ago

Hello

Routing

a week ago

I think in this case you better to use q in q 

You can configure input push 624 so that traffic will have 624.626 and 624.627 in the vpls core.

Also configure output pop, so that each customer get it's corresponding vlan 626 / 627 when sent to vpls ce 

Mengzhe Hu
JNCIE x 3 (SP DC ENT)