What are the QoS differences between the 16-port 10-Gigabit Ethernet MPC and the I-chip-based DPC?
- Dynamic memory is not supported on the 16-port 10-Gigabit Ethernet MPC.
- A buffer configured on an MPC queue is treated as the maximum. However, it is treated as the minimum on the I-chip DPC.
- The MPC maintains packets in 128-byte chunks.
- Port shaping is supported on all MPCs.
- Queues can have unique shaping and guaranteed rate configuration.
For more information, see MX Series MS-MPC and MS-MIC Service Cards Data Sheet