Routing

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  class of service priority in MX104

Posted 01-01-2020 23:11
    How can I apply priority in the class of service forwarding classes? I can only find the policing-priority option available. User@bras1# run show class-of-service forwarding-class Forwarding class ID Queue Restricted queue Fabric priority Policing priority SPU priority INTERNET 0 0 0 low normal low VOIP 1 1 1 low premium low assured-forwarding 2 2 2 low normal low NC 3 3 3 low premium low I want to change the Fabric priority for some queue to high in MX104.

• 2.  RE: class of service priority in MX104
    Best Answer

Posted 01-02-2020 01:54
    Hi kmaharjan,

The command to override the default fabric priority isn't supported on MX104, however any high priority egress traffic should automatically be marked for high-priority fabric queue. Could you please try to apply scheduler-maps and scheduler to the egress port as usual and check?
    https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/schedulers-overview-cos-config-guide.html

Will need to modify the documentation for limited MX product support: https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/fabric-priority-queuing-overview-cos-config-guide.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    -r.

--------------------------------------------------

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution."
    Kudos are always appreciated :).

• 3.  RE: class of service priority in MX104

Posted 01-02-2020 02:08

Hi Riyaz,

Thank you for your reply. 

I just want to make the configuration simple and do not want to configure drop profiles. I just want to prioritize the traffic coming to queue 1 as high. Since there is no priority knob in mx104, is it ok to use policing-priority as premium be used? 

• 4.  RE: class of service priority in MX104

Posted 01-02-2020 09:22

Hello,

@kmaharjan wrote:
     I want to change the Fabric priority for some queue to high in MX104.

MX104 has no fabric so this whole point is moot.

HTH

Thx

Alex