Routing
Highlighted
Routing

down/up

[ Edited ]
‎05-14-2020 11:52 PM

hi all,

As you can see  unit 500 is disabled. But link is still UP. How to do making down/down. What is the best practise for shutdown a unit of aggregate  or Physical interface?

> show interfaces ae10.500 terse
Interface               Admin Link Proto    Local                 Remote
ae10.500                 down  up   inet     20.20.20.20/30
                                   multiservice

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Routing

Re: down/up

‎05-14-2020 11:57 PM

Hi Arix,

Please check if the configuration on the other end of the aggregated interface has also been disabled.

Please refer "Deleting Aggregated Ethernet Interface" in the below document for best practices:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/topic-map/security-interface-config-aggrega...

Hope this helps 🙂

Please mark "Accepted Solution" so that it can help others.

Kudos are much appreciated too 🙂

Highlighted
Routing

Betreff: down/up

‎05-14-2020 11:57 PM

Hello Arix,

the status "down up" means that this subinterface is administratively disabled, means that it does not perform any function any more. The reason why you can see the "up" in this case, is because the physical link is up as well. As long as the physical link is up, the status will always be "down up". If you want to put the status to "down down", you have to disable the whole "ae10" or the LAG interface members as well.

--------------------------------------------------

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution".
If you think that my answer was helpful, please spend some Kudos.
Highlighted
Routing

‎05-14-2020 11:59 PM

Hi!

It is working as intended. It is down because you have admin disabled it but shows the link is physically able to work.

This helps when you're an admin and fault checking visually but also when go to enable the port when you need it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Please Kudos if you found my response helpful
- Please accept my response as a 'Accepted Solution' if it solved your query
Highlighted
Routing

‎05-15-2020 08:48 AM

Hi Arix,

Feel free to let us know, should you need any further details on this one.

If you find a solution above that helped you, please mark it "Accepted" so that it can help others.

Feedback