Routing

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
Expand all | Collapse all

how to advertise only one ip into OSPF domain from a lo0 interface with multiple IPs configured ?

• 1.  how to advertise only one ip into OSPF domain from a lo0 interface with multiple IPs configured ?

Posted 03-10-2020 15:11

I have a router with two uplinks which join two different routing protocols, one for isis and the other for OSPF. I have two IPs configured on lo0. I like to advertise one IP into ISIS, and the other one IP advertised into OSPS.

I applied export policy to ISIS to filter one IP and it works.

But not work for OSPF. Based on my understanding, policy can't filter LSA flooding in OSPF.

Any approach I can use to achieve this ?

thanks !!

• 2.  RE: how to advertise only one ip into OSPF domain from a lo0 interface with multiple IPs configured ?
    Best Answer

Posted 03-10-2020 15:42

Hello,

You can reference the ip address instead of the interface under protocols ospf.

#set protocols osfp area 0 interface 10.10.10.10

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution".

• 3.  RE: how to advertise only one ip into OSPF domain from a lo0 interface with multiple IPs configured ?

Posted 03-11-2020 06:30

thanks !!