Routing

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  mLDP over RSVP?

Posted 10-09-2013 10:02

Setting up NG-MVPN.  We currently have it working with RSVP provider-tunnels.  We are also using RSVP LSPs for unicast traffic, but are thinking about moving to an LDP over RSVP architecture.  Does anyone know if mLDP can be tunneled through RSVP LSPs?

• 2.  RE: mLDP over RSVP?

Posted 10-09-2013 17:44
    Supported in 12.3 and above

• 3.  RE: mLDP over RSVP?

Posted 10-10-2013 12:11

I see support for MLDP link protection using dynamic RSVP LSPs, but I don't see anything about support for mLDP over RSVP (ldp-tunneling).  Am I missing something?

• 4.  RE: mLDP over RSVP?

Posted 10-10-2013 13:09
    It's supported, I saw it working and also got confirmation from Engineering. 12.3+

• 5.  RE: mLDP over RSVP?

Posted 10-11-2013 00:42

Just to avoid confusion, this support is for ldp-tunneling on one-hop RSVP LSPs only.

• 6.  RE: mLDP over RSVP?

Posted 10-11-2013 07:36

Thanks for your response.

Would you happen to have a working configuration?  Or is it just "ldp-tunneling" configured on the RSVP LSP that egresses PE connected to the receiver?

• 7.  RE: mLDP over RSVP?
    Best Answer

Posted 10-11-2013 07:54
    Hi!

ldp-tunneling over one-hop RSVP LSPs works as follows. Imagine two neighboring core routers, R1 and R2. R1 can be a PE (ingress or egress) or a P, it doesn't really matter. And the same for R2.

R1 and R2 are IGP neighbors, interconnected via ge-0/0/0.0. And there is an alternative multihop path to go from one to another.

R1# set protocols rsvp interface all link-protection
    R1# set protocols ldp p2mp
    R1# set protocols ldp interface all
    R1# set protocols mpls label-switched-path ONE-HOP-R2 to <R2-LOOPBACK>
    R1# set protocols mpls label-switched-path ONE-HOP-R2 ldp-tunneling
    R1# set protocols mpls label-switched-path ONE-HOP-R2 link-protection
    R1# set protocols mpls label-switched-path ONE-HOP-R2 primary DIRECT-R2
    R1# set protocols path DIRECT-R2 <R2-GE-0> strict

AND THE SYMMETRICAL CONFIG IN R2. This creates a targeted LDP session between R1 and R2, and the forwarding path is protected by the RSVP LSP.

The link-protection is only needed if you want fast restoration. Otherwise you can live without it.

Please accept as solution and kudos if it helps 🙂</R2-GE-0></R2-LOOPBACK>