[ Edited ]
‎02-10-2017 06:46 PM

JNCIE-SP/JNCIP-SEC/CCNP
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Routing

Re: make area 3 not advertise type 5 from other area

‎02-11-2017 04:57 AM

I am not sure I have the picture right.  but I think your S3 is only in area 3.  

If so, if you change this to a stub area and push a default then it would not get the detail routes from the other areas via area 0 and have the default route out to area 0.  Thus it would not be available as a transit when your link between S1 and S2 is down.

Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
http://puluka.com/home
Highlighted
Routing

[ Edited ]
‎02-11-2017 07:43 AM

JNCIE-SP/JNCIP-SEC/CCNP
Highlighted
Routing

[ Edited ]
‎02-13-2017 04:21 AM

Hello,

@Robbie wrote:

2: I can't set area 3 as stub area and get default 0 since s3 already has a static default 0/0 to another place(not mentioned in the pic)

You don't need to set S3 in stub area 3, S3 in normal area 3 would do.

What would happen with normal area 3 is:

1/ Type-4 ASBR summary will get from area 1 to area 3, and from area 2 to area 3 BUT

1a/ Type-4 ASBR summary will NOT propagate from area 1 via area 3 to area 2, AND

1b/ Type-4 ASBR summary will NOT propagate from area 2 via area 3 to area 1. 

2/ Type-5 External LSA will get from area 1 to area 3 then further to area 2, and from area 2 to area 3 and further to area 1, BUT

2a/ Type--5 LSA originated in area 1 will be unresolvable in area 2 because of (1a) and (1b) above, AND

2b/ Type--5 LSA originated in area 2 will be unresolvable in area 1 because of (1a) and (1b) above.

I think this meets both of Your original requirements.

HTH

Thx

Alex

Please ask Your Juniper account team about Juniper Professional Services offerings.
Juniper PS can design, test & build the network/part of the network as per Your requirements

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Accept as Solution = cool !
Accept as Solution+Kudo = You are a Star !
Feedback