Routing
Highlighted
Routing

stack-vlan-id

‎05-20-2020 12:15 AM

Hi all,

>show subscribers stacked-vlan-id xxxxx

Is there a way to check a number of stack-vlan-id at a time with Junos cli or shell command? I tried using "| match" but didn't work.....

For instance

stack-vlan-id(s):

10, 15, 22, 25, 50, 58, 60, 62, 68, 69, 70, 72, 75, 78, 80, 85, 88, 90, 95, 100 ......and so on.....

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Routing

Re: stack-vlan-id

[ Edited ]
‎05-20-2020 12:30 AM

Hello Arix,

Can you try using count?

count(Optional) Display the count of total subscribers and active subscribers for any specified option. You can use the count option alone or with the address, client-type, interface, logical-system, mac-address, profile-name, routing-instance, stacked-vlan-id, subscriber-state, or vlan-id options.

show subscribers count

Refer below doc:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/reference/command-summary/show-subscribers....

I hope this helps. Please mark this post "Accept as solution" if this answers your query.

Kudos are always appreciated! Smiley Happy

Best Regards,

Lingabasappa H

Highlighted
Routing

‎05-20-2020 12:32 AM

Hi,

try the following:

> show subscribers extensive | match Stacked | no-more | save /var/tmp/stackedVlan.txt

due to use of extensive command, saving in a file will help reduce time and prevent subinfo cpu spike.

/Karan Dhanak
Highlighted
Routing

[ Edited ]
‎05-20-2020 02:31 AM

Thanks for replies...

I applogise about asking question which was not clear..

For clarification:

There are a number of new stacked vlan(s) configured. And when it comes to verification with telco, the following manually is doing each time to see there is any subscriber with associated vlan(s).. If so, we understand verification is done. Even one online subcriber with associated its vlan is more than enough ......

Rather than doing each time by given vlan-id to see whether or not subscriber there is, is there a way to check all new vlans at a time?

Hope it is clear now....

show subscribers stacked-vlan-id 50
Interface             IP Address/VLAN ID                      User Name                      LS:RI
demux0.3221293937     10.10.10.10                            XXXXXXXXXX                 default:default
demux0.3221293936     0x8100.10   0x8100.1                                              default:default

Highlighted
Routing

[ Edited ]
‎05-20-2020 06:24 AM

I couldn't see any reply for my previous post. But I like to ask why we cant make the following

>show subscribers terse stacked-vlan-id [10, 20, 30, 40 , 50] 

If you say we can't, why we can do the following?

show interface terse ge-0/0/[0:1:2:3:4:5]

Highlighted
Routing

‎05-20-2020 06:38 AM

Hi,

You got to use "show subscriber username <abc> extensive" or by the means of vlan or stacked vlan to actually verify the subscriber state to know if its "active" state or not.

If in your subscriber is over dynamic vlan/stacked-vlan, the vlan commonly would get established and turn state to active.

And also, you cannot club vlans with show subscriber command.

/Karan Dhanak
Highlighted
Routing

‎05-20-2020 06:48 AM

Hi Arix, 

To answer your query:

show interface terse <interface-name>   --> This expects a name wherein you can put in a regex.
show subscribers terse stacked-vlan-id <single-numeric-vlan-id>   ---> Hence you cannot put a regex here.

Please mark "Accept as solution" if this answers your query.  Kudos are appreciated too! 

Regards, 

Sharat Ainapur

Feedback