SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Access clients connected via Dynamic VPN

Posted 03-06-2020 07:11

Hi

We have a number of clients connected via Dynamic VPN. clients can connect to internal resources OK but we cannot access clients from inside the network. This causes some issues with software deployment tools.

Is this possible to fix this? I saw a post from 2011 that said Dynamic VPN did not support reverse traffic but maybe this has changed in  the intervening 9 years?

• 2.  RE: Access clients connected via Dynamic VPN
    Best Answer

Posted 03-06-2020 10:27

This limitation hasn't changed since - so connecting back to dynamic VPN clients isn't possible.

You could look at "Remote access client" from NCP with the new type of licenses if you have a device capable of running Junos 15.1X49-D80 or newer - but not the most optimal solution.

• 3.  RE: Access clients connected via Dynamic VPN

Posted 04-02-2020 04:18

@jonashauge wrote:

You could look at "Remote access client" from NCP with the new type of licenses if you have a device capable of running Junos 15.1X49-D80 or newer - but not the most optimal solution.

Hi Jonas. Are you saying that with the NCP client, which I have, I should be able to connect to clients? If so, how can this be achieved? As a simple test I have tried pinging a connected client but it can't be routed.

• 4.  RE: Access clients connected via Dynamic VPN

Posted 03-06-2020 23:38

As confirmed by Jonas Im afraid this limitation still exists.

• 5.  RE: Access clients connected via Dynamic VPN

Posted 03-08-2020 09:42

The link below shows what is supported.  This was released by Juniper 12/2019.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/topic-map/security-dynamic-vpns-with-pulse-secure-clients.html