SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Active/Passive Chassis failover question

Posted 04-02-2015 15:43

there are  redundancy-group 0 and  redundancy-group 1 on chassis cluster ,and they are active on node 0  .the chassis cluster  is in active/passive mode , my question is if there is a  failover on group 1 , and group 1 now is active on node 1 . whether the  cluster can still forward traffic ? why , if not ,what can i do 

• 2.  RE: Active/Passive Chassis failover question

Posted 04-02-2015 16:16

Yes, this is possible.  Node 0 will effectively be secondary for data plane, and the packet will then traverse across the HA link to node 1, and then go out the revenue port of that node.  That is classic Z-mode traffic.

• 3.  RE: Active/Passive Chassis failover question

Posted 04-02-2015 18:18
    how about in SRX , i wonder why when the output of show chassis cluster status is below , i have to failover manullay show chassis cluster status Cluster ID: 1 Node Priority Status Preempt Manual failover Redundancy group: 0 , Failover count: 2 node0 255 primary no yes node1 100 secondary no yes Redundancy group: 1 , Failover count: 4 node0 200 secondary no no node1 100 primary no no

• 4.  RE: Active/Passive Chassis failover question
    Best Answer

Posted 04-03-2015 03:43

The output you have provided is as folows :-

Cluster ID: 1
     Node Priority Status Preempt Manual failover

Redundancy group: 0 , Failover count: 2
     node0 255 primary no yes
     node1 100 secondary no yes

Redundancy group: 1 , Failover count: 4
     node0 200 secondary no no
     node1 100 primary no no

RG0 is the routing engine which is active on node 0.

RG1 is the dataplane which would actually pass the traffic and is active on node 1.

So in such a scenario, all the traffic is being handled in RG1 i.e. on node 1.

It would be forwarded through the node 1 member interfaces of the corresponding reths.

There would be no issue in passing traffic in such a scenario through the SRX.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sahil Sharma