SRX Services Gateway
SRX Services Gateway

Any one already try fxp0 in the mgmt_junos Routing Instance on Chassis Cluster?

‎11-05-2017 10:41 PM

Hi all,

Just wanto know whether have some one try implement this feature https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/task/configuration/mgmt_junos-routing-insta... in the Chassis Cluster srx?

Thanks and appreciate any feedback

7 REPLIES 7
SRX Services Gateway

Re: Any one already try fxp0 in the mgmt_junos Routing Instance on Chassis Cluster?

‎11-05-2017 11:54 PM

This is sadly only supported on MX and PTX - but I know it has been requested for all platforms for a long time so I hope this is the first step for a broader implementation (functionality was added in 17.3R1 which was released late august this year).

--
Best regards,

Jonas Hauge Klingenberg
Systems Engineer, SEC DATACOM A/S (Denmark)
SRX Services Gateway

Re: Any one already try fxp0 in the mgmt_junos Routing Instance on Chassis Cluster?

‎11-06-2017 06:30 AM

Hi all,

Refering to the url given, can someone explain to me what means "Besides these configuration changes, you must configure the appropriate daemons or applications to use the mgmt_junos routing-instance"?

Besides static route and interface fxp0 then what it refering to that bold sentences? I'm try to google it but not found any sample configuration.

Thanks and appreciate any feedback

SRX Services Gateway

‎01-31-2018 08:26 AM

Hi all,

are there any news on this feature related to SRX compatibility?

I was trying to set this up on a SRX345 Cluster, bit i don't get any connections on the fxp0 interfaces. mgmt_junos routing-table is empty.

Thanks.

SRX Services Gateway

‎03-27-2018 07:54 PM

Based on my knowledge, It is not supported in SRX as on date.

-Python JNCIE 3X [SP|DC|ENT] JNCIP-SEC JNCDS 3X [ WAN | DC|SEC] JNCIS-Cloud JNCIS-DevOps CCIP ITIL
#Please mark my solution as accepted if it helped, Kudos are appreciated as well.
SRX Services Gateway

[ Edited ]
‎01-29-2019 07:14 AM

Hello,  Anyone with thoughts about if this is supported on SRX cluster, seems like all services (SSH, TACACS+, tru the OOB) work through the mgmt_junos , but not NTP.. And is this supported to be configured on [edit groups node0] and [edit groups node1]

Regards

SRX Services Gateway

‎01-29-2019 07:23 AM

"NTP—Starting in Junos OS Release 18.1R1, NTP clients can support the nondefault management routing instance mgmt_junos when specifying the routing instance that is used to reach a server for NTP time synchronization"

Reference: https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/topic-map/management-interface-in-non-defau...

Thanks,
Nellikka
JNCIE x3 (SEC #321; SP #2839; ENT #790)
Please Mark My Solution Accepted if it Helped, Kudos are Appreciated too!!!
SRX Services Gateway

‎01-29-2019 07:57 AM

Thanks

But i checked an article, that started to be supported on the 18.3R1 on SRX platforms, still i get some errors when setting > set date ntp 

I configured everything on groups, when the instance is configured i can do ping, ssh , tacacs auth, and it worked, but not ntp 

i called the instance on system ntp source-address x.x.x.x routing-instance mgmt_junos