SRX

last person joined: an hour ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Anycast advertisement

Posted 03-29-2018 06:15

Hi,

We are now running local tests on our network in advance of testing in situ in 2 weeks time and everything is going well..... But, we are in the process of building our DNS servers and have stunbled across an issue that I cannot get to work:

On the SRX1500 I have created a routing-instance for the DNS server and can ping the physical interface of the DNS from anywhere in the network.... great..... But, and here is the issue, we also have a different network configured for the Logical "Anycast" addressing on the DNS.... now, I don't really know anything about anycast and I am not configuring the DNS, that is the system guys, but I have configured the following on the SRX:

Anycast addresses: 192.168.10.1 and .2 / 29

Physical address: 172.16.10.1 /30 - DNS

Physical address: 172.16.10.2/30 - SRX Address

set routing-options static route 192.168.10.0/29 next-hop 172.16.10.1

set policy-options policy-statement export-statics term 1 from protocol static

set policy-options policy-statement export-statics term 1 then accept

set routing-instances ninegroup-dns protocol isis export export-statics

I expected this to show up in the routing table but it does not. 

Anyone know how I can get this to route to the anycast addressing correctly please?

• 2.  RE: Anycast advertisement
    Best Answer

Posted 04-04-2018 01:21

This issue has been resolved.

For reference to anyone else searching....

The DNS server was sending IS-IS messaging as Point-to-point.... this is obviously not correct. I do not know what file needed editing as I am not the systems guy.... but, we can now ping the DNS Anycast addressing from the whole network. There is one small issue that I need to ask about but I think that is more BGP related and will ask in the routing section.