SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Bandwidth limit on Internet circuit

Posted 03-21-2014 07:21

Hello,

I am new to the Juniper line and more specifically the SRX240 device.  Our circuit provider recommends we enable traffic shaping to get the most out of our line.  We need to cap the bandwidth at 50Mb.  I have been reading on the different possible ways to do this but they involve mostly limiting certain protocols or IP addresses internally.  I am looking for the best way to cap all traffic on ge-0/0/0.0 to 50Mb.  Is there a reference page I can read or can someone point me in the right direction please?

• 2.  RE: Bandwidth limit on Internet circuit
    Best Answer

Posted 03-21-2014 07:25

Hi,

A bandwidth policer is probably the easiest method for you.  If you have more than a 50MB link, why wouldnt you want to make use of it though?

Just apply the polier in the desired direction on your interface.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos13.3/topics/topic-map/policer-single-rate-two-color-bandwidth.html

• 3.  RE: Bandwidth limit on Internet circuit

Posted 03-21-2014 07:30

Thanks MMcD.  The link back to the LEC is actually 100MB but the provider has it policed down to 50MB (which is what our plan is set to) and they recommend we do the same on our end so they don't drop packets that exceed 50MB.

I appreciate it!