SRX

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Can SRX notify to administrator in the wake of the match with the security policy using e-mail or snmp-trap?

Posted 08-11-2016 21:16

I want to notify to administrator when the traffic match with security policy on SRX using e-mail or snmp-trap.

Can SRX do this?

I think SRX can not notify using e-mail.

However, By using the event options, is it feasible?

In that case, how do I specify the events? (RT_FLOW?)

Regards,

• 2.  RE: Can SRX notify to administrator in the wake of the match with the security policy using e-mail or snmp-trap?
    Best Answer

Posted 08-11-2016 23:19

Hi,

For generating traps using the event-options, please go through the following link :-

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB28307&actp=search

The event options have to match an event when the session hits the policy which can be "RT_FLOW" however the policy name would be in the middle of the syslog which is generated.

We also need the following two conditions :-

1. The RT_FLOW messages should be logged to the messages file using event mode (This can cause RE high CPU if a lot of hits are there on the policy).
    2. Apply log -> session init to the security policy.

Regards,

Sahil Sharma

---------------------------------------------------

Please mark my solution as accepted if it helped, Kudos are appreciated as well.

• 3.  RE: Can SRX notify to administrator in the wake of the match with the security policy using e-mail or snmp-trap?

Posted 08-12-2016 09:06

HI GENC,

You can generate the event using SNMP or Syslog as 

• 4.  RE: Can SRX notify to administrator in the wake of the match with the security policy using e-mail or snmp-trap?

Posted 10-11-2016 21:41

[ Example ]

policy p2-raise-trap-4-secpol {
        events [ RT_FLOW_SESSION_CREATE RT_FLOW_SESSION_CLOSE RT_FLOW_SESSION_DENY ];
        then {
            raise-trap;
        }

for permit action              >> RT_FLOW_SESSION_CREATE or RT_FLOW_SESSION_CLOSE

for deny or reject action >> RT_FLOW_SESSION_DENY