SRX Services Gateway
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

Can`t console the SRX1500

[ Edited ]
‎08-28-2019 04:08 AM

Hi all ,

I`m facing a really strange issue

i want to console an SRX router that i bought recently but i got no prompt on putty or tera term.

the strange things are :i accessed the router before and tested the HA redundancy but now i can`t console ,so i reset the router and when i reset it ,i can see the booting process displaying on the hyperterminal but then it hangs and can`t do anything ,then i rebooter the router and again i can see the booting process and the prompt asks me for a login(see attached picture) but when i enter root as a login it doesn`t take it and the router hangs.

the console port settings are correct,i tested the cable with other juniper switch and cisco and it wored fine .

I honestly don`t now what else to do ,as this should be simple after all it`s just a console access 

anyone has an idea what else i can try or chec .

than you in advancepicture.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

Re: Can`t console the SRX1500

‎08-28-2019 05:10 AM

Hi,

This is indeed strange. I would suggest:

> Disconnect all cables and only keep console connected. See if you are able to login this way

> Assuming some config corruption, you may want to try resetting the config to factory defaults and re-building it:

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB15725

> If above does not help, it could indicate a corrupt OS/file-system. I would try re-imaging the box using a bootable USB

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB16652

I hope this helps. Regards,

Vikas

Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

[ Edited ]
‎08-28-2019 10:47 AM

Hi Marwasai,

At this point, let's try to recover the device first. Please perform the below steps:

If none of the above works, then probably the device's CF might be faulty and we need to contact JTAC for RMA proceedings.

Let me know if you need help with anything.

Thanks,
π00bm@$t€®.
Please, Mark My Solution Accepted if it Helped, Kudos are Appreciated too!!!
SRX Services Gateway

‎09-02-2019 01:25 AM

hi all,

thank you for the help .

the isue is when i connect to  Serial console port ,so  tried to access through the mini usb port and it worked then configured ssh access and now i can access the router through SSH.

I still don`t know though what is the issue with the serial console port ,maybe later will get back to it 

Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

‎09-02-2019 02:25 AM

Hi Marwasai,

I'm glad that you were able to access the device. 

Regarding the issue with the Serial console port, may I know which cable you're using? I would suggest you use RJ-45 to DB-9 serial port cable.

Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks,
π00bm@$t€®.
Please, Mark My Solution Accepted if it Helped, Kudos are Appreciated too!!!
Feedback