SRX Services Gateway
SRX Services Gateway

Client Certificate Dynamic VPN with Pulse Secure Client and SRX320 15.1.X49-D150?

[ Edited ]
‎12-01-2018 03:34 PM

Hi All, 

Trying to find out whether it is possible to use Client Certificate auth for Dynamic (User Remote Access) VPN with Juniper SRX320-POE, running 15.1.X49-D150 and the Pulse Secure Client (v9.0R2)?

Can anyone point me towards an example config / official guide for this?

The Pulse Secure Admin guide has a very limited section on 'Juniper SRX Connection Modes' and seems to be mostly for if you are using a Pulse Secure Connection Gateway (which I am not). All the SRX specific guides are either for the NCP client or JUNOS Pulse client...

Can't seem to find any official documentation of example configuration specifically for the above combination. 

The changeover from Junos Pulse, NCP, back to Secure has left very disparate documentation. Would be great if Juniper could provide some more clarity on this. 

1 REPLY 1
SRX Services Gateway

Re: Client Certificate Dynamic VPN with Pulse Secure Client and SRX320 15.1.X49-D150?

‎12-02-2018 11:36 PM

To my knowledge you will not get client certificate authentication working with dynamic vpn. You will need the remote access VPN + NCP client to get a supported solution.

Regarding dynamic vpn and Pulse... the only supported client version is Pulse Secure Client 5.1.5 which is close to legacy - only customers who has purchased pulse secure otherwise has access to an updated client.

--
Best regards,

Jonas Hauge Jensen
Systems Engineer, SEC DATACOM A/S (Denmark)