SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Configuration saving query

Posted 11-27-2019 21:31

Hi All,

I attempted running the below command and came out from the mode but till date the firewall keeps showing a message that configuration was not saved ? If i commit the confinguration then will it get overwrited with the blank input ? Now every time i go the config mode it keeps asking me to save the config. I am worried that the below "access-profile" blank input will overwrite the existing access-profile ? Should i just proceed to commit the config ?  (Note :  I am the only user having admin rights to the firewall). Please guide.

configure
    Entering configuration mode
    Users currently editing the configuration:
    root terminal u0 (pid 68040) on since 2019-05-30 10:50:09 EST, idle 17w4d 20:31
    [edit]

[edit]
    FW-01# edit acc
    ^
    'acc' is ambiguous.
    Possible completions:
    > access Network access configuration
    > access-profile Access profile for this instance
    > accounting-options Accounting data configuration
    [edit]
    FW-01# edit access-profile ?
    Possible completions:
    <[Enter]> Execute this command
    | Pipe through a command
    [edit]
    FW-01# edit access-profile

[edit access-profile]
    FW-01# exit

[edit]
    FW-01# exit
    The configuration has been changed but not committed
    Exit with uncommitted changes? [yes,no] (yes) yes

Exiting configuration mode

• 2.  RE: Configuration saving query
    Best Answer

Posted 11-27-2019 22:06
    Execute "rollback 0" command to rollback any uncommitted change. To view uncommitted change use "show | compare" command

• 3.  RE: Configuration saving query

Posted 11-28-2019 14:44

show | compare command gives a blank output. Does rollback 0 command need a downtime to be executed ? 

• 4.  RE: Configuration saving query

Posted 11-28-2019 18:28

Rollback 0 does not need downtime, 

basically Juniper saves your changes in a "candidate configuration" the changes that the device is reporting have been done to that candidate configuration, if you issue a commit those changes go from candidate configuration to active configuration thus making the changes effective.

Rollback 0 all it does is clean that candidate configuration, no downtime needed no loss of data.