SRX Services Gateway
SRX Services Gateway

DPD is Preemptive?

‎01-11-2019 10:48 AM

HI All,

i have a question about DPD. As i know, DPD is used to monitor the reachability of VPN Peers, right? Ok, i have one vpn tunel established with Peer A, and the client will include a new internet connection in the same vpn gateway. They ask to us to include a secondary Peer in the vpn configuration. But now, i would like to know if Peer A turn down, the Peer B will be considered and the vpn should be established with Peer B, normaly. Ok this is expected. But, and about the Peer A back to UP? Will automatically, the vpn be established with the Peer A again? DPD is preemptive?

Sorry, for my english. Smiley Happy

Thanks,

João Victor

João Victor
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
SRX Services Gateway

Re: DPD is Preemptive?

‎01-11-2019 03:05 PM

Hi,

Do you want setup as in KB https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB29211&cat=SRX_110&actp=LIST ?  It will have one tunnel up at a time and no Preempt/primary VPN. DPD to gateway one fails then it will go to next one.

Thanks,

Vikas

SRX Services Gateway

Re: DPD is Preemptive?

‎01-12-2019 04:00 AM

Hello,

@joaov wrote:

Peer A back to UP? Will automatically, the vpn be established with the Peer A again? DPD is preemptive?

No, JUNOS implementation of DPD is not preemptive. 

HTH

Thx
Alex

Please ask Your Juniper account team about Juniper Professional Services offerings.
Juniper PS can design, test & build the network/part of the network as per Your requirements

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Accept as Solution = cool !
Accept as Solution+Kudo = You are a Star !